Friday, April 2, 2010

Day one of the 30 days of favorite tools... My Brand New Bernina 820

Here it is April... 2010. Good Friday and it is a good Friday. All is right with my world.

I found my blog spot a while back but today I deleted my earlier post... it was so depressing so here I go again... Lets hope in a year I don't look back and depress myself with this one... LOL

I haven't blogged for months and I love the idea, now I just need to challenge myself to do it. I have been enjoying a lot of other peoples blogs so I've been thinking it was time I really got serious about this.... Then today...


I was awake at 5 am this morning and I watched Julia and Julie... what a great movie. I really felt like I could relate to Julie and loved her idea of her blog and thought I could do the same type of thing... so I am setting a deadline... 1 month today (small baby steps)


Yesterday I sewed 9 pillowcases, on my serger, which I rarely use but seriously... 9 pillowcases in one afternoon... how fun was that. They will make Great Easter presents or I might send some of them to Nifty's to add to our Pillowcase challenge. But, the best part of sewing yesterday was setting up the serger in my sun room and sewing in there... I think I got a sunburn on my back while I was sewing...

Today, right after I finish vacuuming, I am going to make some little Easter baskets... maybe

5 comments:

  1. Good morning Gail

    This is a cool idea. I am just about to start sewing. I have to finish Casey's Easter present. I am making beach blankets for Casey and Megan. Have to sew them when they aren't around!

    I too got a new machine - a PFAFF quilt expression 4.0. The first couple of times I used it, it took me about half an hour to get sewing - had to read the manual first to get it to work!!

    Better run and get some sewing done. Happy Easter to you and your family.

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, nine pillowcases! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail! I am also a new Bernina 820 owner. I would very much enjoy share the joys of owning this machine with you. I thought it would be fun taking the journey together. We could share tips and inspiration.

    I love your pillowcases! Did you use the roll method? I never made them on the serger. I love making pillowcases for my daughter and her college roommates.

    I hope you decide to write. BTW, you have also inspired me to get back into blogging. I haven't posting since Oct. 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Roberta... couldn't find your blog... help me out...

    I love the new machine and yes we can keep in touch... subby@sympatico.ca gets you right to me... talk soom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip about lowering the tension for quilting. I'm an occasional quilter and happy owner of a Bernina 830. To your list of favorites I would add the little tool for tightening and especially for loosening the needle holder!

    I just learned about your blog and am looking forward to learning about all your favorite tools.

    ReplyDelete