Thursday, April 29, 2010


This was a consignment quilt I made for a lady in the states. She sent me a box of silk ties (over 300) her father had collected over the years and I made this quilt for her. I printed her fathers picture and it is in one of the squares on the outside edge.

I am in a hurray today. We are going on an adventure and I am sooooo glad to be getting away. We are heading north to see some really good old friends, who I have not been good at keeping up with, but they are very forgiving. It always amazes me that good friends always stay good friends even when distance, time and money get in the way.
This is my friend Rod, who I am going to see this weekend
performing the wedding ceremony at my Scot's wedding.

I love this family and their 4 kids and although it will be hectic, I know that I will come back refreshed and ready for what lies ahead... but I won't be seeing you, dear blog, till I come back. I would like to say I will miss you, but it will be nice to wake without the stress of heading to day 30, for just a few days.

It turned out to not be such a grey day yesterday, it warmed up nicely and the coats were back in the closet by noon. But now I feel so extremely guilty for all my whining when I heard on the news that my dear friends in Calgary are expecting a blizzard today. 20 cm of snow may fall. Fortunately, my mom who lives in Medicine Hat will be spared. She hates winter more than me.

As predicted, I spent an hour cleaning up the sewing room yesterday and ended up not starting, continuing or even planning. No motivation whatsoever. Part of the problem I have is that even though it is a sew day, my dear friends come at 2 and we hand quilt. Its a wonderful time, but all morning I kept thinking there was no sense getting started when I still had to clean the house. House work is a wonderful release when you would rather do that than yell at someone, but the rest of the time it gets in the way of life. Anyway, procrastinated on that too and other than the necessary bathroom clean, they saw my house the way it comes and I didn't get any sewing done. Oh well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment