Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Woke up this morning and it was snowing... yuk!!! Reminded me of these little quilts I made. The pattern is called Snow Babies and they are all sooooo very cute!

Well 3 days of the flu and my weekend was shot!. No time away with Victor although I did get some time away FROM Victor... I stayed in bed and heaven only knows what he did... Yesterday was a busy day, although in retrospect, I don't think I got much accomplished. I was trying to make a block for my friend Cathy for our gift quilt exchange at Nifty's, but as usual she will have to wait till next month to get it cause I didn't get it done... I am SO last minute, not a good thing!

I took a pile of stuff to Nifty's last night... some new toys, some old books and some more circle things, but the best part of our meeting was the introduction. Every month everyone introduces themselves and there is always a little something you have to say... this month it was to tell about a new technique you had learnt or were going to try or had tried in the recent past. Amazing to see what variety there is in a group of 20 women and for almost everyone, we learnt about a lot of new techniques last night. That was very fun. I am sure a lot of the group will be busy at their machines today, trying out some of the fun things we heard about last night. The picture is a Nifty's group shot taken at one of our retreats.


The best part about these instructions are that they are all on the scale itself so you don't have to try and remember which number to place where or how to read it. (Mind you, you may need a magnifying glass to read the fine print...)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are feeling better. I have another source for a proportional scale... www.thequiltedsnail.com, and the scale can be found here, www.thequiltedsnail.com/scale.html.
    I have it taped to the wall above my copier. I use it all the time!!!

    Beth-Near Chicago

    ReplyDelete