Saturday, April 10, 2010



Yesterday, my good friend Aimee, who has made fun of my obsession for Elmer's Glue, came over to put one of her quilts on my Gammill so she could quilt it... We bartered something she wanted to DO for something I WANTED so it worked out perfectly, for both of us. Aimee is a "creative" quilter and doesn't believe in wasting too much time on perfect points that will never be seen by the recipients of her quilts and believes that everything should be about being "extraordinary" (which is the opposite of ordinary, like me). We complement each other!


Anyway, this quilt had circles on it that she had basted to the quilt with those plastic basting thingies, but mostly they were just laying on top of her background. Worked great for her, but the Gammill wasn't buying it. So we glued them down in place (although I don't think they really had a PLACE)and she got busy and quilted them down. She says she is a convert and she and Elmer will be dear friends (and she will quit making fun of me), but we will see!

I got no sewing done yesterday, but went out to my Bernina dealer and had a nice chat with her. That is always fun! I bought a new foot for my machine, which I am pretty sure will only be a yearly occurrence, unless I am desperate, cause I had to suck that one up... man the price just about knocked me off my feet ( I was going to say keister which is a word I use a lot, but just googled it and one of the definitions is not pretty so I won't use that again!). Oh well, I knew it, going in the door!

I am off to my sewing room today... till 4 when I get to spend the evening with the little delights in my life!! I won't be here tomorrow, but I will see you again on Monday...



1 comment:

  1. in my defense, there are certainly no 'points' on that quilt! thanks again, can't wait to finish.

    ReplyDelete