Monday, April 12, 2010

Here it is Monday already... where did the weekend go. I babysat my 2 granddaughters off and on during the weekend. Their mommy (my daughter), turned 30 this weekend (ugh) and daddy took her off to Montreal to see a Montreal/Leafs game. How fun for them. While she was gone and Nan was doing her shift, I came home and made Sue a bag.. It's my new favorite thing to make ... soooooo easy! There is a pattern for it, I'll have to find out the name of the pattern for you, but I just make them from 5" squares. They are quick and easy and this one was #5 since February. The blocks and handles give me a great opportunity to use my patterns on my new machine, although this one was done on my embroidery machine. It was supposed to be a Kenny's creation purse, but I liked the bag better!
I also had a chance to catch up on my pinwheels for our guild exchange, but I tell you, I will be super glad when it is over in May!
Then last night I went back to the Nutcrackers I started almost 2 years ago... only 3 left to make and the quilt is done... (this is my layout from EQ5) and I would really like to see it finished before Christmas this year!!! (you can find the pattern at http://www.quakertownquilts.com/ BOM)I am going to give them high priority this week, so hopefully every spare moment will be devoted to them.





By the way, my daughter is having another baby at the end of August and we just found out on Friday it's a boy! Daddy was very happy with that, although he loves his Darling Daughters to bits... how exciting for him to finally have a son!

No comments:

Post a Comment