Friday, April 23, 2010


Snail's Trail Tablecloth... doesn't show a thing!!

TGIF!!!
Victor and I have decided to fly the coop this weekend... What a relief. It has been a long stressful week and we both need to just go away.
Disappointed that the Jays are in Sunny Florida or we would go to a game. I dream about sitting in the seat next to the couple that sit right behind home plate. Sometimes I wonder who they are and how come they have those same seats game in and game out, year in and year out. I wonder so much that I get distracted from the game every time she orders popcorn... Well this year, I told Victor we were going to get the seats right next to them and I am going to ask them... then I can get back to watching the games! tee hee.
I have started a block of the month... no, I am not finished the Nutcrackers or any of the other 3 dozen projects I have started in the last 3 years.... but I needed to do some piecing and this block of the month is all piecing. It's the Sue Garman BOM on http://www.quiltshow.com/ and it is a lot of piecing. I joined late last year, too late to start last years block of the month although I thought I would do it, but didn't, but my good friend Cathy did it and hers is beautiful. My new daughter in law wants a quilt with stars and this BOM has plenty of stars, well as a matter of fact it is all stars... If you haven't joined the Quilt Show, you should! There are some pretty cool shows on there and these block of the months are great even if all you do is read the notes and watch the videos.

And today I am going to try Superior Threads' Texture Magic. I bought it a year ago at our Guilds' Quilt Show and haven't tried it yet. Anita Zobins from Cotton Mill Threadworks has a great tutorial on her website, check it out!
I want a chance to use my BSR on my Bernina and this looks like I can kill two birds with one stone. It's been a long time since I have free motion quilted on a domestic machine, so wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you love The Quilt Show? I did Sue Garman's block of the month last year and learned so much from her instructions and tutorials. I could tell by the end of the year which blocks I had finished early on and which I finished after a year of her help. I just got mine back from my longarmer and put the binding on it recently. I'm not doing this years, but I kind of wish I were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Gail taking on the BOM on the Quilt Show. Have fun making all those border star blocks. I love the Quilt Show, especially Ricky Tims! Your blog is great.

    ReplyDelete