Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Well yesterday was a productive day! I finished one of the three remaining nutcracker blocks and started drawing out the pieces for another. Hopefully today I will get both of the two remaining blocks cut out and pasted and tomorrow I can work on getting the quilt together. But... I did find another little project I would like to work on too, so either I will spend the whole day in the sewing room working on nutcrackers or spend some of the day procrastinating because I would really like to start this new project... either way, it will be a great day to sew.

The new project: I got side tracked first thing this morning with an email from one of my lists, about this great little back pack that has some nice use of patterns from your machine. I love my tools but I don't tend to be a creative thinker so when someone else does the work for me, I am always grateful. This backpack can be found at http://www.hopeyoder.com/ and the best part for me is that she takes PayPal and emails you the pattern right away... love it. She has some cute stuff on there, gave me some great ideas. (thinking Nutcracker!, Nutcracker!... new project... NO NUTCRACKER) oh man this is going to be a tough day! Stay tuned.

Our guild executive meeting was yesterday and that is always nice, getting together with a bunch of ladies trying to decide about the future happenings and direction of our guild. I am past president right now, but hoping to take on a new little position this fall so I can stay in touch. (All though I am so opinionated, I am sure that some of the guild members would rather I just didn't show up)I love our guild and want to see it flourish. Next year is our biannual quilt show and so lots of planning to do on that. I am hoping to have the nutcracker ready for the show... so I better quit talking and get to procrastinating so eventually I can get sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment