Monday, April 19, 2010

My idea of gardening is making these lovely wall hangings... full of flowers. This was an ugly fabric challenge ( see the pot) I used it for all the flowers except the white one which is silk...

What a weekend this has been!

No Sew Day on Friday. as it turned out, my 5 month pregnant daughter had some kind of mini stroke. She lost the feeling all down her left side. She is off to get an MRI this morning so hopefully we will know for sure in a few days that everything is OK. Very stressful! So this weekend I spent most of my time trying to help out and do some sewing when ever possible. I have all my blocks for the nutcracker finished (stick and paste applique), now I just have to do the stitching on 2 of them and then the quilt will be put together. YEAH! This one is called the Skier. After I get the applique done I embellish it with tons of stitches from my machine... He is my best so far..

Today I have to make more pinwheels for my Guild (one more month... hurray!!!!) and this morning I HAVE to get in the garden... I have so much that needs to be done and no time... The weeds are all ready plentiful and most of my flowers haven't popped up yet... go figure... and it is freezing out there, and how will I know the flowers from the weeds if I can't see the blooms. Oh well, those are my excuses for today. LOL

1 comment:

  1. I love the frosted rulers - can't wait till I get rid of all the other ones.

    ReplyDelete