Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I pieced this plaid cushion for my living room. I could have bought plaid fabric, but this was way more fun!

Today is a sew day!!! yippee. I can't wait. I think I will work on....

You know it's a hard decision to decide what to work on when you have so many WIP's . I would like to stop "starting" new projects, but I think it comes with the creative gene so medically, I am unable to stop "starting". What a relief. I wonder if there is a pill. Seems to me there are pills for everything according to the medical world... another story, won't go there!

So knowing that, I intend on going into my sewing room and standing aimlesslyy for about an hour while I pretend to tidy up when really, I am trying to figure out what I am going to continue to do today or what I might start. What ever it is, it will be bright and cheery, because the weather is not! Imagine stopping in the middle of spring to have winter again (as per my 4 year old granddaughter, who will be a philosopher I am sure!) Its cold out there and I need to go put socks on!
The picture is of 2 of my granddaughters,
laying on a sensory quilt made by
a dear friend who is an ECE student.

I am almost at day 20 and it is getting harder and harder to find the perfect tool to talk about. Don't get me wrong, I have a ton of gadgets left, just not all of them are my favorites. And through out this, I have been looking at many new products and well let's just say my allowance is dwindling. I haven't found anything new that has knocked my socks off yet, but I did get something very interesting in the mail this week and I am dieing to try it. It's called the "Sew'nSharp" needle sharpening pad. The ad said "just sew through the pad to sharpen the needle" so I had to have it! If I get a chance to use it before the 30 days are up I will be sure to mention it! you can get more info @ http://www.usasharpeners.com/ (and yes, I ordered the rotary cutter blade sharpener too, just to try it out).

1 comment:

  1. lol - I stand aimlessly turning in circles in my art studio as well as our storage room, which happens to hold cupboards with fabrics, UFO's, yarns and crafty things. Sometimes I'm overwhelmed by the supplies I have and think it would be easier if I only had a couple things, but then I look at all I have managed to finish in the couple years and am glad that I can't possibly get bored! Have fun and your next blog challenge could be 30 days of creative ideas. I'll bet you have no problem with that one either :).
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete