Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Before I say too much today, I just want to scoot you all over to Mark Lipinski's blog http://marklipinskisblog.wordpress.com/2010/04/ Mark seems very positive about his diagnosis, so lets hope everything goes well for him!

I love spring... I just hate the allergies that come with it... The trees are in full bud and so are my eyes and nose and...sleep habits. I have been up between 4:30 and 5 am every morning for the past 4 or 5 days and by 6pm I am ready to go back to bed. I have been helping my daughter with her kids in the evenings and last night I crawled into bed with my granddaughter and I am pretty sure I won the 'get to sleep, first" race! I finally bit the bullet and took some allergy meds this morning, but it will take a few days before I will be feeling like normal.


I did get out in the gardens on Monday and that was uplifting. I got all the front flower beds de-leafed and raked and ready for spring growth. We have very little to no sun out there so everything takes a lot longer to bloom. But I did see some little Hosta shoots...
Laura's Quilt. I made this quilt for my nieces 16th birthday. I showed it in our Guild show that year and won a ribbon for it.

We have a lovely old fashioned "sit and swing" in our back yard and my granddaughter is finally old enough to reach the floor with her feet so she swung me for a few minutes yesterday. It was peaceful just sitting and swinging and reminded me of my love for the old fashioned. I contemplated getting busy and making another Dresden plate quilt and I think I will, I just need to find some nice old fashioned prints to make it with. Then I will be able to take it out and hang it on the swing for those days when I just feel like contemplating!

No comments:

Post a Comment