Wednesday, May 12, 2010

This little quilt was made by making 9 patches and cutting them through the middle both ways and repositioning them, then sewing them back together... sounds complicated but it was easy and fun and I made them for the grandchildren one Christmas. I put Minki on the back and they were the most cozy quilts!


Well, here I am back again. I didn't think I would say this, but I have missed my little blog. It's funny how having structure in your life helps you to motivate yourself to do the things you don't want to do.

And speaking of doing things you don't want to do... today I am going to FINISH those nutcrackers... I don't care if I am up till midnight. There, I have written down and now it will become stone!!!!! (We'll see; I will tell you tomorrow how I make out... LOL) (this is the quilt as shown at
Mine is nothing like it... except ofcourse the nutcrackers! Pictures to follow, tomorrow, maybe!)

Funny how things happen, isn't it. I was sitting here yesterday thinking I needed to get back to this little blog when I got an email from a friend of mine saying how much she missed it. I hope she wasn't just being nice, because I am back and intend to commit to another 30 days of something... I am thinking about something like... pieced blocks and how to construct them... What do you think... would that be interesting? Well, you can let me know in the comments.
A recent acquaintance who has become a friend, is opening a quilt store here in the next few weeks... I for one am very excited. She has some great ideas and it looks like I will be teaching some basic classes with her, this fall. My long time friend who has the quilt store in Harrowsmith is planning some Bernina classes with me too and I have another iron in the fire that I am still trying to wrap my brain around, but any way you look at it it will be a busy, busy fall for me.

I have a new product for you... well new to me really.. but it is real fun to use. Take a look at it here:
I have a project in mind for it... but it's a secret... I'll post a pick when I can! I first saw this at the Sewing and Needlework Festival in Toronto, and then on a couple of Internet quilting sites, but when I saw some of the finished products, I really fell in love with it. If memory serves, it wasn't at all expensive and I spent hours, the first few days I had it, putting together a bunch of things with pictures I had taken... Now to put them into a quilt. But not today... today I am doing the nutcrackers!!!! Remember!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment