Thursday, May 13, 2010

This is the quilt that sits on my table all the time... I love this quilt. Our guild is doing a windmill block exchange this year and I am going to make another quilt, just like this one from the blocks, only my exchange is all white backgrounds so it will be nice for spring and summer.


Ok, Ok, so I don't have a picture of the FINISHED Nutcracker... No! not even half, or a quarter. In fact no sewing yesterday at all.... grrrrrrrrr. I was detained by my own self. Who knew that someone who wanted to sew as bad as I did, could stop me from sewing the whole day. WHO KNEW?


I know my friends are all saying, "I did, I did"... Well my real friends will keep that to themselves. I started out well, but the day flew by and the next thing I knew it was midnight and I missed the whole day. I would like to think I am the only one that happens to, but I am sure there are a ton of people who have it happen to them and I bet they all, pick themselves up and say... OK... Today is the day I finish the Nutcrackers.



So... today is the day I finish the nutcrackers. ( Are you buying it?) hmmmmmm.




(Don't You love this quilt... someday after the nutcrackers I am going to make this quilt and hang it on my sewing room wall... If I lose 40 more pounds I'll look just like her.)


I don't know exactly what happened yesterday. I spent some time on here and
then some more time on here, I washed my kitchen floor and more time on here while the floor dried. I went for lunch with Mariona, and then the girls came over to sew and I got 4 baskets ready for an applique project I am working on, and then I watched one episode of The Mentalist that I had taped, ate a sweet potato, went and visited my granddaughter, went and visited my friends Aimee and Sharon and came home at MIDNIGHT and went to bed... Did I mention that I am a bit of a procrastinator.


I did find a very interesting web site, actually my friend Aimee found it for me... http://www.quiltshops.com/ . It's a virtual shop hop and well... if that doesn't keep you up at night, I don't know what will. We spent at least an hour cruising around at Aimee's and then when I got home, well, all I can say, is if you see me yawn today, don't ask why! Amazing.



Anyway... no matter what, I am not even going near that site today. I am going to do Nutcrackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment